Mapping Democracy – CPAC Route 338
With a focus on democratic literacy, this map allows students from primary to senior levels to explore all 338 federal ridings from coast to coast to coast.
Canadian Geographic Education and the Cable Public Affairs Channel (CPAC) have come together in a unique opportunity to engage students in democratic literacy with a Giant Floor Map detailing all of Canada’s 338 federal ridings. The map is accompanied by 11 curriculum-linked learning activities designed to teach primary to senior students about the many facets of a democratic society. Students will be given the chance to map out evolving federal riding boundaries, learn about the electoral and appointment process of key members in a democracy, explore the roles of the media, identify the symbols that represent us, and much more.
The Giant Floor Maps are available on loan for 3-week periods throughout the school year and by special request during the summer.
Giant Floor Map Dimensions
- 11 metres by 8 metres (35 feet by 26 feet)
- Teacher’s Guide
- Hard copies of all learning activities
- All required materials for 11 activities (download activities below)
- Media kit (this will be e-mailed to you upon the completion of your reservation)
- A hard copy of a press release and background information
- A list of suggested ways to get media attention
10.7m (35.1’) x 7.9m (25.92’)