Energy Production and Transmission
Energy is produced in many different places and in many different ways all across Canada.
This map gives students the chance to explore and learn Canada’s energy story, highlighting where Canada’s energy is produced and where it goes. Dive into the complex transmission lines that crisscross across our country and explore Canada’s power generation stations, oil refineries, wind farms, and more. Students will enjoy learning about the often-unseen system that plays such a big part in their daily lives through engaging, teacher-created activities.
The Giant Floor Maps are available on loan for 3-week periods throughout the school year and by special request during the summer.
Giant Floor Map Dimensions
- 11 metres by 8 metres (35 feet by 26 feet)
- Teacher’s Guide
- Background information on Canada’s energy landscape
- Hard copies of all activities
- All required materials for 10 activities (download activities below)Media kit (this will be e-mailed to you upon the completion of your reservation)
- A hard copy of a press release and background information
- A list of suggested ways to get media attention