Canada from Space
This map is out of this world!
The Canada from Space Giant Floor Map is composed of images taken by Canada’s RADARSAT-2 and is the first of its kind. Explore how Earth observation satellites monitor Canada and can be used to protect and prepare Canadians. Through ten curriculum-linked activities, students will learn how pollution and natural disasters impact our country, the importance of Canada’s arctic ice, the scientific phenomenon of the northern lights, and more. They will also get a chance to see Canada from the perspective of the International Space Station, through the eyes of Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield.
The Giant Floor maps are available on loan for 3-week periods throughout the school year and by special request during the summer.
Giant Floor Map Dimensions
- 11 metres by 8 metres (35 feet by 26 feet)
Activity Kit Includes:
- Teacher’s Guide
- Hard copies of all activities
- All required materials for 10 activities (download activities below)
- Media Kit (this will be e-mailed to you upon the completion of your reservation)
- A hard copy of a press release and background information
- A list of suggested ways to get media attention